While E-TRIALS provides researchers with anonymized data, it may be possible to link the data back to individual students or teachers despite our team's best efforts to protect their identities. Student-level data is covered under FERPA. By using E-TRIALS or the data it provides, you are confirming that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- You will not use the data to discover personally identifiable information about individual students or teachers.
- If you discover data that reveals a students' identity, you will immediately inform the E-TRIALS team (ASSISTments-Research[at]wpi.edu) of the issue and delete it from your downloaded file.
- You agree not to give the data to a third party.
- You agree not to commercialize the data in any way.
- You agree not to use the data in any other malicious manner.